1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

So I have an issue....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DarkAscentBass, Jan 18, 2014.

1. DarkAscentBass

DarkAscentBass

In my band I run a darkglass b7k for my dirty sound but I have several songs I need a good clean signal. So here is my problem I want my clean volume to match my dirty volume. I am using a boost following my compressor right now to somewhat achieve my goal. It's still not quite what I want. So I was thinking of buying another preamp type of pedal and a ab switch to run two different chains I guess.(sorry new to pedals and effects my jargon is not up to standards.). Is this the best way or is there a better way should I just leave add the second pre amp in line with out an ab switch. What's your suggestion.

2. Dave W

Dave W Previously bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Why are you not matching both to begin with? Use the clean signal at the volume you want, then turn on the B7K and adjust it's volume until both levels are matched. Toggle back and fourth between both of them until it's the same.