1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

So ... I picked up my Sadowsky today ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by abngourmet, Feb 15, 2014.

1. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Haven't played my NYC Vintage 4 Sadowsky in a while ... was going to an open mic, thought I'd uses something other than my go-to Lakland 4-94 ....

Picked up my '07 Sadowsky Vintage 4 ... Rosewood board, fretted, four string, black sparkle .... needed strings so ... new .40 - .100 DR Hi Beams went on and ....

Amazing, still. Love this bass. My Lakie is my first choice most times, but this bass is incredible.
  2. exidor

exidor

come on with the Pics!!!!
  3. Not yet

Not yet

What do you like about the Lakland more? Looking at both right now
  4. Turnaround

Turnaround

Disclosures:
    Bass Technician, Club Bass - Toronto
    Similar experience yesterday. Played my NYC Sadowsky yesterday after a long hiatus and wondered why I bother with my other basses at all. Then I recalled that most of my gigs lately have been in bars. I don't risk the Sadowsky at bars.
  5. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member

No pics = Cort.
  6. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member

Which is precisely why the Metros are so great!! Just sayin'.8^)
  7. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
    I don't get this. If the gig is safe for my body, it is safe for my bass. I bought them to play out. Plus I have instrument insurance :D
  8. Turnaround

Turnaround

Disclosures:
    Bass Technician, Club Bass - Toronto
    If a drunk falls into me I might get a bruise. It will heal. Basses don't heal. And, yes I have had drunks fall against me - mostly women curiously enough.

The Sadowsky gets plenty of work at higher end gigs. That's what I got it for.
  9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass Supporting Member

+1

...except I don't have instrument insurance. I know, I probably should, but... anyway.

I bring at least one Sadowsky to every gig I play. If conditions are or might be dodgy (cramped stage, whatever) then I'll play my 2005 Sadowsky, the one that's already adorned with dings and road rash.
  10. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
    As long as the back of the neck or fingerboard don't get dinged, I don't worry much about wear and tear at a gig. I've whacked cymbals, stands, lights - you name it. Actually I'm way more worried about injuries to me (especially hands/wrists) than to the bass. But once you pass 50 you don't heal as fast...
  11. sloppy_phil

sloppy_phil

i'm with you on that, although still have a ways to go yet before 50. the front/back of the neck is the truly crucial part of a bass when playing it. My 4003 gets taken with me just about everywhere (ok not quite on the same price line as a Sadowsky, but still), and that's because it's the bass I enjoy playing more than any other. Not gonna scale it down just to avoid a ding or two!