So... saving up starts today!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DannyBob, Apr 14, 2014.

1. DannyBob

DannyBob

I finally decided which new combo I wanted! (Enter thunderous applause)... I realised that for my needs, as a 16 y/o student looking to go on to do music at further education, i.e. a music school, I needed to get the most I could for the least amount of money. Hence why I have decided to go for the TC Electronic BG250-112! I couldn't decide between a 1x10 or a 1x15 configuration, so met in the middle. I love the fact that the effects I need (just octave and distortion) can be implemented using the toneprint option the amp has, and activated via footswitch.
    Compared to any other amp in this price range it just blows it out the water! So, like I said, I am currently saving every penny for this amp......if you need your lawn cutting, just ask ;)

Thanks,
    Dan :)
  2. jstringer

jstringer

Nice combo and good choice. It will get you way down the road.
    My 1st real combo was a swr workingmans 15. Not much power but sounded good.
  3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

It does look like a nice package. But how does it sound?

There is a review in the May 2014 (US) BassPlayer magazine. Only con is heavy compression, easily activated.
  4. DannyBob

DannyBob

My current amp is a Laney RB2 which has a built in compressor, and I love the heavily compressed sound haha
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Then you've made a good choice! The downloadable settings capability makes the amp incredibly versatile. And it looks good to.