1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

So, this is roughly what we play

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by lostcontrol_, Nov 19, 2012.

1. lostcontrol_

lostcontrol_

http://soundcloud.com/wanderlust-fi

We finally did a couple of quick recordings in order to find a replacement for our current drummer (has great time etc., but somewhat lacks in personality as he/she is a plugin for Logic :) ), so I figured I might as well post the link here.

This is roughly what we're playing atm., and also these are more or less my first amateur attempts at mixing.

Naturally things will change a bit after getting a live drummer (we have a guy lined up for an audition) and, unfortunately, it might be necessary to change the name as well :p Wanderlust is a nice word, but... it seems to be in heavy use already :/

I'd love to hear your comments, both for the mixing and naturally the music as well.

PS. In "Lavender Hair", there's a section in which the vocals have slightly too much delay in them. Probably will put up a fixed version at some point.
  2. alan_hill

alan_hill

The second track has a Cure vibe about. Good luck with everything.
  3. Spin Doctor

Spin Doctor

I think you have a nice sound. Decent mixing on your part. But if you get in the studio with an experienced engineer, he can make you sound amazing.

It's a good band and I hope you do well.
  4. alan_hill

alan_hill

A real drummer makes all the difference too. But I'm sure you know this.
  5. lostcontrol_

lostcontrol_

Thanks! Both of you have valid points, there's no denying that a live drummer makes a difference, nor that an experienced engineer will deliver a more professional result :)
  6. lostcontrol_

lostcontrol_

Update: Only positive comments so far (in real life + other forums), so I guess we're doing something right :D Hope to get the drummer thing going soon so we'll be able to do a proper demo and get things going.