1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

So...What bands have you been in?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Timpala, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Timpala

Timpala Supporting Member

I know there is a lot of talent here. So, feel free to show photos of your old bands.
  2. bassteban

bassteban

Lots, but I'll only tell if you post this question in *miscelleneous* ... In OT, you may get responses such as *carrots* :)
  3. Marial

Marial Proud Papa-to-be Supporting Member

None that anyone here has probably heard of.
  4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

Only counting bands that have played out, Ive been in 6 bands in the last 12 years.
  5. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Well yes, I WAS in The Carrots. What? Is there anything wrong with that? Are you gonna seriously claim you didn't like the early records? I mean i might be biased because of my involvement but i think Juice (1970), Cake (1972) and Peas And....(1974) are classic records though i will agree that by the time The Carrots...Up Your Bum (1977) was released we had lost our way a little (trying to cash in on the punk thing was just stupid...). I blame the drugs of course, classic story. Then i left and it was really all downhill from there. But that's what you get when you don't value your bass player. And no, i will not be part of the upcoming reunion. Too much bad blood and i never saw any money from the three tracks on Garden Cocktail (1979) i'd technically written.
  6. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

I only really got into your radio hits. That said, your greatest hits 24 Carrot Gold" always brings back a lot of fond AM radio memories.
  7. PAC

PAC

I was in a band that was called "mixed veggies, with Lima beans".

Paul
  8. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

I shot the Carrot was brilliant. :bassist:
  9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for "Carrots in the Wind".
  10. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

I'm glad for that. At least they weren't stupid and included mainly the early songs on there. Cause seriously who cares to hear the lame new wavish turds that were Do the Rabbit Dance or Are we not Men? We Are Carrots! ? No one. Novelty songs at BEST, really.

But they did include one of those songs of mine from Garden Coktail on that greatest hits which just kinda twisted the knife in. The thing with Garden Cocktail is having a concept record written form the perspective of each vegetable in the patch as if they were basically inmates on death row was not a bad idea in and of itself (it was mine after all)but the rest of the band didn't GET it once i left. Despite the money i never earned from them, I still think The Potato Ponders and Lettuce Live in Peace (In Your Garden) were great songs, but the arrangements my former bandmates went with were a real disservice to the songs. So much unrealised potential. But you know, you gotta let go of the past. I don't want to come across as a bitter carrot (LOL).
  11. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Little known fact, that song while released shortly after the Kansas song, was written much earlier, in the early "salad days", so to speak.... Kansas just ripped us off, see we used to rehearse in the same building.... but the court rejected our claim.
  12. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Yeah. No matter how strong a case you have the law never seems to carrot all.:|
  13. Relic

Relic Cow are you? Supporting Member

I was in a band once called the Rootz. We had one hit record but it went gold. 24 carrot gold, baby.
  14. geeza

geeza

Disclosures:
    Huh?
  15. DannyBob

DannyBob

A band called 'Coming up the Back Road'........yeah.........
  16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

I was in three bands....Ghetto Smurfs, Triple Shot, and Full On. Well four, some other goofy interation of the other three for a series of "reunion" gigs. We called ourselves Bangj.

-Mike
  17. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Here's an excerpt from wikipedia on a song one of my band released... "Carrot Fields Forever" was recorded for possible inclusion on the (as yet untitled) album Doctor Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band[4] (1967), being the first song recorded for the sessions, but was instead released in February 1967 as a double A-side single with Paul McCartnose's "Bowling Lane". "Carrot Fields Forever" reached number eight in the United States, with numerous critics describing it as one of the group's best recordings. Voilà.
  18. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

Before Cliff Rabburton, I was the original bassist for Metallicarrot.
  19. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

Probably a bunch of bands you've never heard of... The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Wailers, Metallica, Pink Floyd, and The Dwarves.
  20. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Supporting Member

Primus, Yes, Jamiroquai (actually possible with how they run through members these days)