So what will music sound like in 2035???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stewie26, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

There are a lot of threads on TB saying that traditional guitar, bass, & drum driven music is at the end of an era. I tend to agree with this. So if you could get in a time machine and go ahead, let's say 21 years from now to 2035, what do you think "popular" music will sound like?
    What instruments will be the primary sound. Will most popular music be computer generated? Will non musicians be able to write and produce hit songs. Will it be good or suck for society? Please post your thoughts and opinions.

2. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

For me, it will most likely all be harp music.

3. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

The music won't be audible but it will engulf you with a sound that evoke any emotion, memory or construct that the composer wants to relate. Either that or it will sound like the theme song from the Beverly Hillbillies.

4. Stewie26

Yah...I might be planted in the ground by then too. But that's why I am asking.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bass geetarist

bass geetarist Supporting Member

Something like "bleep bloop blorp"

Actually, my hope is that all forms of music that exist today will still exist, but that we'll also hear something new that combines traditional instrumentation with modern technology.

A lot of popular music today contains a mix of samples, synths, and live instruments, some made by people with an education in music, some not. Due to ease of use, and the commercial aspect (maximizing profit, minimizing effort and time) that goes into popular music, I wouldn't be surprised if, by 2035, it's pretty much all made on computers, but I wouldn't discount the possibility of some modern day Hendrix type coming out and bringing guitar back to the foreground of popular music.

7. bass geetarist

bass geetarist Supporting Member

and instead of coming out of your speakers, it will be digested in the form of a pill

8. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

I'd look at music 21 years ago and compare/contrast it against 2013 tunes.

Tears In Heaven, Eric Clapton
    Under the Bridge, Red Hot Chili Peppers
    I'm Too Sexy, Right Said Fred
    Black or White, Michael Jackson

Doesn't seem a whole lot different than:
    "Somebody That I Used to Know" Gotye
    "Call Me Maybe" Carly Rae Jepsen

etc.

9. Stewie26

Actually, that might be kind of cool.

10. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

It'll be run, regulated and taxed by the federal gov't hence every jingle will be some sort of political propaganda. Then we go through another underground punk movement.

11. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
  12. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Gold Supporting Member

People who think that bass, drum and guitar driven music is at the end of an era need to stop listening to pop.

13. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

14. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

i'll be old and crotchety and will hate it

15. lwknives

lwknives

I think that modern music combines the majority of instruments and sounds that have been created up to this point. We will continue to create more instruments and find out more ways to make cool sounds and use those sounds to make music as well as keeping the same instruments we have been using for hundreds of years.

There are still violins, cellos, harps, horns in modern pop music. The piano is probably one of the most used instruments in pop music and it has been around a good while.

I think that in 21 years we will have forgotten the lame pop music and will consider the good pop music of today as classics.

I hope people get board of dub step soon though! Adding random wubwubwubs into songs sounds stupid to me (usually).

16. Mysterion

Mysterion Supporting Member

Current-day trends in body modification will intersect with advancing microtechnology, and music will be delivered via implants and/or wearable devices like ear spools. Clubbing bass enthusiasts will enjoy subsonic-capable suppositories, for ultimate booty-shaking transmission.

Either that, or pop music will be the same fluffy, anodyne crap it's always been.

17. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

18. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

^^^This. 2035 is way too soon for any dramatic changes (or at least dramatic and ubiquitous changes) in popular music to dominate. Songs will still sound like songs, pop tunes will still have verses and choruses and hooks, drums (or drum machines) will still be in your face...

Ask what music will be like in 2135. Or 3135. Then all bets are off.

19. P Town

P Town Guest

Five words: "Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah"!

20. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Supporting Member

Emo, Mumford & Sons and Skrillex (sadly commits suicide after admitting to being Corey Feldman's son) will be on the classic Pop station and we'll all be complaining about the newest acoustic death-core fad....Bloodgrass.

[​IMG]

21. bassinplace

bassinplace

I don't think the instruments we play on now will ever be phased out. I think there's going to be new electronic instruments but I think they'll probably be in addition to, not replacing what we are currently accustomed to. As to what they'll be, I don't know. I'll probably still be playing the old stuff, lol.