Soapbar pickup for my WW thumb singlecut.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tubehead2, Jan 26, 2013.

1. tubehead2

tubehead2

Hi, I need suggestions about a set of soapbar pickup for my Warwick thumb singlecut.

http://warwickbass.com/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=24284&cl=EN

The bass sounds too much on lowend and smooth to my ears.
    I want more brightness, clarity, punch and attack from this bass and if possible I want to go passive.

THE PROBLEM are ...
    1. The pickups in this bass is MEC in P2 shape but have difference screws position than others manufacture.
    2. Worst than that the WW innovation pickups mounting system, make it harder to drill new screws holes. :spit:

http://warwickbass.com/modules/infos/info.php?katID=24443&cl=EN

So is there any pickups maker that can do custom pickup?
    Right now I have Aero and Delano in my head. I have both of their J bass pickup, love both of them. :smug:

Thanks.

2. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

Hmm.. looks like a challenge if you ask me. Otherwise ask ''WarwickOfficial'', here on TB. Pretty sure you can get the info you need there :)

3. Kindred_

Kindred_

what can you say exactly about the low end?im searching for second bass as alternative to my stingray and i have a 97 thumb bolton which i want to sell before buying a single cut.does your thumb sounds like nt or bo thumb?or it has another sound?

4. Kindred_

Kindred_

i need a deep and punchy low end.and as i gues the soapbars on this one are better than mec on mine thumb.I hope that that the preamp is better on singlecut,because thumb bo preamp is truly sucks and cannot be compared with the even the stingray punch.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Kindred_

Kindred_

and look for the bartolini pups,it may fit the soapbars well

7. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

Deep and punchy low end usually means something like an EMG DC series and modifying the bass to accept them.