1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Softly - The First Eight

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by bstern, Feb 25, 2014.

1. bstern

bstern

This is a basic, downloadable exercise, for blowing over the changes of the "A Section" (for the most part), of "Softly as in a Morning Sunrise" alternating between 2 Melodic Minor scales.
  2. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this, Bobby! Good woodshed material.

I'll do an uncompensated commercial for Slick Licks Vol. 1 in bass clef. Last week I bought the download, printed it, and I'm picking licks to work into my practice sessions. Cool stuff--definitely getting me out of my rut. Well worth the very modest price for the download.
  3. bstern

bstern

Thank you, my Bass Clef buddy!
  4. Paul Warburton

Paul Warburton

I smell a rat.
  5. Schlyder

Schlyder

Thanks again bstern.
  6. bobsax

bobsax

It's very difficult to explain musical concepts with the written word.
  7. DC Bass

DC Bass Supporting Member

I disagree that this, or any of Mr. Stern's posts are spam.

Bobby, thanks for sharing your knowledge and expertise here on talkbass! :)

Do you know if there are any plans to release the Melodic Minor Handbook in bass clef?

Joe
  8. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Supporting Member

I also agree that bstern's posts are SUPER HELPFUL and welcome.

Yes, he's selling (awesome) stuff on his site, but he's consistently giving free material as well that I can't find anywhere else.

As long as he's not violating any of the forum's rules, I say thank you Mr. Stern and keep 'em comin'.

I'm also curious about this. Any plans release bass clef version of MM Handbook?
  9. bstern

bstern

Thank you guys, and thank you for letting me post here! I appreciate the appreciation and I'll try to keep 'em comin".