Solo Bass Recordings

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by aks_29, Feb 27, 2014.

1. aks_29

aks_29

Hey Talkbass,

It's been awhile, I kind of forgot about coming here for awhile. I just finished putting up some recordings of myself playing some solo bass arrangements I've been working on for awhile and I'd really like to get some constructive criticism.

I've been working on arranging a few different kinds of tunes for solo bass for about a year now, but these tracks were recorded about 6 months ago.

Right now, I have one original tune (Chinatown) and 2 arrangements of old country tunes. I also have arrangements for a few spirituals that I heard on one of the best albums I've ever heard, Steal Away by Charlie Haden and Hank Jones, as well as a few jazz standards.

Anyways, here's the link to the recording, I'd love to hear comments on my own playing as well as suggestions of people to listen to who have done similar things. As of now I don't know of anyone else who performs solo bass tunes without a loop pedal on upright bass, outside of the classical world of course.

http://alexkasirer-smibert.bandcamp.com/

2. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
  3. aks_29

aks_29

good call, I forgot the most important part

4. aks_29

aks_29

Well now I feel extra stupid, I just scrolled down the page a bit and found some beautiful solo bass videos of a Talkbass member.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Supporting Member

I'm not usually that keen on solo bass with a few exceptions - but I saw Avishai Cohen play recently and he did a solo piece which had the audience up on their feet cheering! :)