1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Some fresh blood in European Jazz - Mai Jõgi

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by greencow, Feb 16, 2013.

1. greencow

greencow

I did a search on the forums and found that the only topic regarding an Estonian bassist is made by me with no reply. So I am making another one.

Mainly I am making this topic, because Mai is soon releasing an album with her band and I thought there might be some bassists in the US interested in listening to this girl.

She has a website where you can listen to some of her music, read her blog and watch some videos.
    http://www.maijogi.com/

One of two Estonian bassists who has gotten me through the hard times of playing when I was almost ready to quit.
  2. Joel Graham

Joel Graham I Brake for Basses! Supporting Member

Which leads me to the question... who is the other Estonian bassist you also listen to?
  3. greencow

greencow

That would be Raul Vaigla, he doesn't have a homepage, but if you google him, you can find some listening material.
  4. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

Hilton Dance is one fine piece of music!
  5. borrowsorrow

borrowsorrow

She got married recently btw, her name is MAI AGAN now! She also released her debut album with her group MaiGroup some time in the spring!
    http://maigroup.bandcamp.com/