1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Some problems about IK Multimedia iRig

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by liyi1012, Feb 22, 2012.

?

1. Up: Genuine Down: fake

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Left: Fake Right:Genuine

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. liyi1012

liyi1012

I deem that IK Multimedia iRig is awesome because it could simulate a lot of effects with iphone and ipad. It does not need amp, so you could pratise without disturbing your neightberhood. I want to say that this is not a AD.

So I just bought one from Ebay, which cost me about $20. After checking it carefully, I found that this one is a typically fake one. It match all the features of a fake irig, and the noise is huge. I returned it back to seller right away. Do you know the cost of a fake irig might be less then $5? Not mentioning the huge noise and the dangers for your instrument.

Here I list some instruction for you to differenciate the genuine one and the fakes.

Check out the website first, please:
    http://www.ikmultimedia.com/MainPhp.html?NewsDisplay.php&Id=3148

and I translate some information from a Chinese website:
    IK Multimedia iRigÕæ¼Ù±æ±ð ¸½ËÍδԽÓüʹÓÃamplitube·½·¨ - ÒôÀÖÆ÷²Ä×ÛºÏÌÖÂÛ°æ - ÂÌÖÞÒôÀÖÂÛ̳ Î÷°²Ô­´´ÒôÀÖýÌåƽ̨|Î÷°²ÀÖÊÖµÄÍøÂç¼ÒÔ° - Powered by Discuz!

First and most significant thing is that the "CE" symbol on the back of irig should be concave but not convex. There should be a screw on the back. What's more, make sure that the registration card is concluded and the symbol of IK should be in red, but not all in grey.

Here are some pictures:

Attached Files:

2. liyi1012

liyi1012

I am sorry for the mistakes. Here is the legions of the two figures
    LEFT ONE: Up: Genuine Down: fake
    RIGHT ONE: Left: Fake Right:Genuine
  3. liyi1012

liyi1012

and you should get all the manuals and registration card.

Attached Files:

4. randysmojo

randysmojo Supporting Member

Can you use the iRig to run your instrument directly into a PA? I see the guitar input and headphone out. Don't know if you can use an adapter to 1/4" into a DI or something?
  5. ehque

ehque

I don't know, really seems like one to me. Could you fill out your profile?
  6. liyi1012

liyi1012

I returned that one to the seller after I realized it might be fake. And I bought other one from Amazon. I wish I could get a real irig this time.

I think it could output into a DI. But I do not have a amp or DI because I have two roomate, so I 'd like to play silently.:cool:
  7. liyi1012

liyi1012

Dear ehque, this is a good question.

I will fill out my profile. Thank you!
  8. Ali_Dahaka

Ali_Dahaka

Hey liyi
    what happened to your irig from amazon?
    Was is genuine or fake?
    I have already ordered an irig from amazon and the shipper is niceEshop
    i'm waiting to receive it,
    Do you think it is genuine?
  9. Swift713

Swift713

Glad I happened into this thread, I just got an iRig from evil-bay for like 7 bucks. I got a lot of digital glitching so I decided to search here and see if others had similar issues. Guess I got a fake. :(
  10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    As Mom and Dad would tell me, if it sounds too good to be true, it is.
  11. adambomb

adambomb

Bump the irig and spend your money on a good 30 pin i/o and get superb sound quality.
    I had a real irig first and the sound quality was great but since the update for 30 pin compatibility it blows the irig route away. I'm using an art USB dual pre into the USB camera adapter port and never went back to it. And the art also works with your Mac/PC.
  12. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    The iRig is a ripoff anyway. It's two jacks and a plug. I could solder a better one together in about five minutes for $10 in parts.