1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Something old - something new !

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by braud357, Jun 24, 2013.

1. braud357

braud357 Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Sorrento, LA USA
    A couple of years ago I converted a Kustom 3x12 cabinet to a 2x12 + 2x10 cabinet. It sounded so good that I wanted a matched set. Late last year I found an original 2x12 + 2x10 cabinet in Tennessee - very near where my brother lives. he snagged it for me, and I finally got it from him a couple of months ago. I had laid out the speaker baffle on my original conversion a bit differently than the factory, so I had to fabricate a new speaker baffle to match. I removed the speaker divider, plugged the rear panel oval ports, and recovered the back panel with black naugahyde. Eminence Delta 8 ohm speakers were used, and the 12's and 10's are wired separately. Each cab is 2 ohms. This completes the "old" of the story. The "new" part is my new Carvin BX1500 dual monoblock amplifier. This beast will put out 750 watts RMS per side into 2 ohms, and 450 watts per side into 4 ohms. I finished the cabinet on Thursday, and hooked it all up yesterday. With the amps set at "5", the drive set at "4", and the master volume set at "1", I was vibrating items from the shelves in my garage - WOW ! Clean, tight sound, and volume and headroom off of the charts ! I have found the ultimate rig (for me) - old school look, with modern electronics. With this set-up, I can control the 10's and 12's separately.Here are some pics !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    100% cool! I love it. :bassist:

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. two fingers

two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I would love to stand in front of that and use my B string like a bow and arrow. BOYOYOYOYOYOYOYING! Sweet rig!