1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Songs for drummer-bassist session

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by belzebass, Jan 22, 2013.

1. belzebass

belzebass

Hello, everybody!

I'm currently working with a drummer in a kind of work-n-jam sessions. We are working through he "Essential Styles for drummer and bassist" book, tackling a style at home, working on it together and endi with a jam over a song, or over a rhythm.

Can you please advice some songs that work well in a drummer and bassist only kind of context?

For example, we jammed on "Come together" by Beatles, since the drums and bass are pretty much enough to define the song and follow the structure.
    Any style is welcome (we actually want to get out of familiar zone).
  2. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

"Treat Her Like A Lady" by the Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose
  3. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

"The Lemon Song" by Led Zeppelin (especially the breakdown part)
  4. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Get Funky and listen to Doug Johns.
    His clinics are bass & drums duo.
  5. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Try 'I cut like a buffalo' by The Dead Weather. There's some fat keys in there but you can either drop or substitute them with some effects on bass if you swing that way. I think if done right that one could groove pretty hard.