Songs You Never Thought You'd Find....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ZenG, Mar 4, 2014.

1. ZenG

ZenG

Ever have any songs that you heard back in the day and then you go looking for them on the net and can't find..

and then you discover that someone on Youtube has actually posted a clip?

So far I have found:-

Midnight In Moscow:- hadn't heard it for years

A song from Pablo Cruise's "Out of Our Hands" album....the song I was looking for I hadn't heard for 15 years. (Another World)

"Wasn't It You Babe".....by Petula Clark circa mid 60's.......had not heard this song for 35 years......
  2. kesslari

kesslari Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Even a mention of Pablo Cruise is pretty amazing. "Climb on Board the good ship Pablo Cruise"!
  3. TheAdrift

TheAdrift

It's not specifically a bass song, but I remember thinking I hallucinated "So Emotional" by Def Harmonic after I heard it on the radio once and then never again--I couldn't find it on iTunes or any other similar programs--but later I looked it up and found that it did actually exist. So I'm not COMPLETELY losing it! ;)
  4. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

There is a song that plays in the movie Empire Records while all the employees are cleaning and I haven't been able to figure it out in years. For some reason they didn't put it on the Soundtrack.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

We'll look at that, it's by The Dirt Clods. Happy days!
  7. GIBrat51

GIBrat51

Yeah; "My Jo-Ann" by the Troggs. Ridiculously simple; probably done to mock all the other over-blown stuff being done at the time, like the Moody Blues being accompanied by a symphony orchestra. It's just a bass and a Jew's-harp, and the lyrics are:
    "A boy's not a boy/
    And a man's not a man/
    Till he's been with a girl/
    Like my Jo-Ann".
    Then repeat about 10 times. It's pretty stupid, but, like a mantra, also kind of hard to get out of your mind. And, as of 10 minutes ago, still no youtube clip. :D