1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Songwriting course

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by foq1978, Jan 31, 2013.

1. foq1978

foq1978

Aug 7, 2009
    Rio de Janeiro
    Hello TBers,

I am enrolled in a songwriting course (https://www.coursera.org/course/songwriting), and I was wondering if anyone around here else is too.

I am not sure how much time I'll have to work on it, but the course looks interesting and I hope to learn quite a bit from it.

Lessons and exercises regarding lyrics should be in English, only -- I hope I can apply the techniques to my language...

2. foq1978

foq1978

Aug 7, 2009
    Rio de Janeiro
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. mrbell321

mrbell321

Mar 26, 2012
    N. Colorado
    Oh, that's neat. I've taken a couple coursera courses(not music related) and I enjoy them. I didn't see that one. I don't think I'll take it this time, though. At this point I'm more interested in composing the non-vocal parts of the song, and while I'm sure I'd learn a ton on that in this, nobody wants to hear me sing. Ever.

5. foq1978

foq1978

Aug 7, 2009
    Rio de Janeiro
    Hi MrBell321

I see your point. Well, writing the main melody is (and has always been) my weakest point, so the course might help me.

PS: Believe me, I am quite sure nobody wants to hear me sing as well. I feel sorry for the reviewers...