1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Songwriting course

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by foq1978, Jan 31, 2013.

1. foq1978

foq1978

Hello TBers,

I am enrolled in a songwriting course (https://www.coursera.org/course/songwriting), and I was wondering if anyone around here else is too.

I am not sure how much time I'll have to work on it, but the course looks interesting and I hope to learn quite a bit from it.

Lessons and exercises regarding lyrics should be in English, only -- I hope I can apply the techniques to my language...
  2. foq1978

foq1978

3. mrbell321

mrbell321

Oh, that's neat. I've taken a couple coursera courses(not music related) and I enjoy them. I didn't see that one. I don't think I'll take it this time, though. At this point I'm more interested in composing the non-vocal parts of the song, and while I'm sure I'd learn a ton on that in this, nobody wants to hear me sing. Ever.
  4. foq1978

foq1978

Hi MrBell321

I see your point. Well, writing the main melody is (and has always been) my weakest point, so the course might help me.

PS: Believe me, I am quite sure nobody wants to hear me sing as well. I feel sorry for the reviewers...