SONIC BLUE squier CV 60s P body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by A-Step-Towards, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Sigh my clean up continues, I call this the deep spring clean. I have had this over a year and passed on selling it a few times because well there rare in this color, the neck is dated 7/2008 so this is one of the first of the CV basses in fact I havent owned any made earlier. I bought it complete and modded it a bit and its been my main bass since 3/5/2013 along with my 4003. I still have the original neck, tuners an neckplate if you want them for more.

Anyways you get the body , strap pins , pickguard screws, bridge and finger rest which are all 100% original to it. Additionally you get the pickguard which is not original its a real 62 RI guard you can see by the notch by the neck pocket and also the 2 holes for a pickup cover. Also 2 fender american flat top knobs are included just like the ones on the american 62/63 RI. The pickup and pots are not with it anymore they went awhile ago. 1 screw to the pickguard is missing the others are original to it so I will try to find that screw or replace it.

Condition is a 9/10 just a few light clear coat dings on the back.

Price is $165 shipped CONUS.

Thats firm, I wont be splitting hairs over a few bucks or keeping items listed with the body and selling it for less, good luck finding another one easily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. H3nchman

H3nchman

I am interested. Put me first in line and I will PM on Friday. Thanks

3. A-Step-Towards

4. A-Step-Towards

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement Supporting Member

Any idea what this body weighs...?

7. A-Step-Towards

Well I weighed it 3 times as seen above, no knobs or electronics and I got 2 pounds 6 ounces which seems super light so its making me wonder if my scale is weighing correctly, the again it says the 70s P body I have is 7 pounds, so thats right as its a tank.

8. JdoubleH

JdoubleH Scented meat Supporting Member

Did you weight it bare, or is it 2lbs 6oz WITH the bridge, pickguard and tug bar?! That's crazy light (either way). I just put together a P with a 3.5 lb body (bare), with a MIM neck, stock tuners, and a hipshot vintage (brass, maybe a half oz heavier than a fender bent plate). Total weight wired and strung is right about 7.3 lbs. If your weight measurement is correct, total bass weight with average parts should be in the low 6's! Perhaps for the benefit of accuracy, you could swing by the post office or ups store and get an accurate weight?

9. A-Step-Towards

As said its weighed as seen above in the photos, with said parts attached. Sorry but this is Los Angeles and the lines are a mile long so I dont really want to stand in a line at the post office to get another weight, my scale isnt a cheapo and it fully suspends the body by itself and has been accurate in the past but I am not going to guarantee the weight so if thats a big concern for the buyer then they should pass on it.

10. A-Step-Towards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.