1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sore finger on fretting hand - question

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DrumsAndBass, Jan 28, 2013.

1. DrumsAndBass

DrumsAndBass

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out why the small finger of my fretting hand is sore between the knuckles. A physical therapist told me that I strained a ligament in that finger - possibly from playing bass guitar. Has anyone heard of this ? I've been trying to figure out if I use a lighter gauge of strings or lower the action or play a 4 stringer (instead of my 5 stringer) until my finger heals.

I'm looking for some tips to try.

Thank You
  2. ampeg2

ampeg2

try using the search .There are several threads about this. I've developed trigger finger and will probably need an operation,so I hear you. Use your amp ,lighten your fingering, don't overplay at one sitting. good luck
  3. Mikhail1

Mikhail1

If you are trying to play one finger, one fret, STOP! This can cause strain, especially in the lower position. Stretching is good but always check with your medical professional of choice.
  4. hotbass57

hotbass57

Happened to me, no surgery but stopped playing and used splints. Oh and two cortisone shots......whoo hoo! It did heal I had to stop using my flats and went to DR strings round core less tension. Still bugs me sometimes. Backing off playing helps, it needs to rest. Six but it beats surgery.