Sorry...Am I Missing Something Here (EBAY Post)?????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LostInSauce, Dec 9, 2013.

1. LostInSauce

LostInSauce

2. elgecko

elgecko

The spalted maple?
  3. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Koa wings, maple neck, worth maybe $4-500? I saw that before as well, but there's no point (imho) in telling someone they are over reaching by possibly 300%+
  4. SteveC

SteveC

It doesn't cost $1,700 to get a new one built does it?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LostInSauce

LostInSauce

Im trying to remember when Carvin put battery boxes on the back and began using string-through bridges.
  7. Big_Fat_Dynamo

Big_Fat_Dynamo Supporting Member

Says frettless but it looks like it has frets, could just be fret lines but its hard to tell with those crappy pictures
  8. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Disclosures:
    Tone Bastards Cables
    Judging by the bridge its an older Carvin. If it was me I would not pay a penny over $400 for it.
  9. javadog

javadog Supporting Member

Looks fretted. I scan the Carvins from time to time and some are laughably overpriced. There has been a pair of
    LB75 claro walnut 5 strings on there for months for around $1500 each. One recently reduced to $1295. Still not a snap it up bargain even if it does have a piezo bridge. Another ad insisted the vintage tweed case was no longer available, but when I checked there it was plain as day in the first row of cases on the Carvin website. If you want to ID the bass, stick a picture of if in the Carvin Club thread.
  10. fourtet102

fourtet102 Supporting Member

Saw this one and few other ones, priced higher than new builds. Don't want to say out loud what it looks like to me though.......
  11. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

The bridge and tuners make it a '92-'94 and $500 or so would be a reasonable price.
  12. PluckyThump

PluckyThump Supporting Member

Ebay is full of delusional sellers hoping to find that sucker who is supposedly born every minute.
  13. bpwb

bpwb

Not to mention that the seller wants $150 dollars for shipping. It appears to me they miht be looking for an idiot buyer or they just have no clue.
  14. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 They figure because it's in great condition they can get what they paid for it back in the day I mean those old fenders are getting crazy prices why not mine? :)
  15. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

More than half of the tens of millions of items on ebay at any one time are wildly overpriced. ebay encourages this kind of thing by offering low or no cost listing fees.
  16. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

17. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

From what I am seeing some buyers pay, they are finding them in more of the cases than they should be ... I am also seeing more and more sellers deliberate in their attempt to mislead ... JMHO
  18. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Yup. Especially around the holidays. This guy with his Carvin is really trippin'.
  19. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

As far as bass guitars go, I find that ebay bidders are pretty astute, and don't usually overpay. Any seller that misleads buyers on ebay is crazy, as ebay guarantees customer satisfaction. Those sellers will have to accept a return and possible negative feedback.
  20. ledyard

ledyard

The guy is obviously heavily medicated. As previously stated I wouldn't pay more than $400. Maybe up to $600 if I really wanted it. You can get a brand new custom option LB 75 even with their hot s**t claro walnut option for $1799 or less. That would include most every option they offer. This bass wasn't even likely half that much new.
    AND....IIRC ....maybe it was only 6 string but I swear it was the 5'rs too....they had real flimsy necks.
    Old carvin bases and guitars especially from that era DO NOT hold value let alone increase in value.
  21. sparkyfender2

sparkyfender2

Six people are watching.......

Sooooo. People are either interested, or they are just curious to see if anyone will pull the trigger on this one. I'm thinking the latter.