1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sorry if this has been beat to death, but..

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Foxrock321, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Foxrock321

Foxrock321

I just bought a Hofner Ignition bass from my friendly local Guitar Center...and i wondered if the pickups on this bass which is of course an import is the same or different from the German hand mades, same for the bridge, and where can you purchase parts for the German made re-issues?:bassist:
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

different pickups than the German and CT models which are also imports honestly save your money the sound really isn't equal in the difference in price for a German made bass granted fit and finish are different. Mr Peacefrog is one of the resident advisors on Hofners and will probably tell you the same I don't think any German parts will fit your bass but parts are here http://www.voxshowroom.com/northcoast/hofner/hofner_parts/index.html