1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

SOUND MASTER 4x15

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Odyjon, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Odyjon

Odyjon

May 10, 2012
    Chicago
    Hey anyone heard of this? Know anything about it?
    My friend has this amp, Its called a SOUND MASTER. Model number sm-412. 4x15 amp....

That's all I know.

Yes it is a bass cabinet amp lol.

2. Okay, your post is very confusing. a 412 is a cabinet with 4 - 12" speakers. A 4x15 is a cabinet with 4 - 15" speakers, and neither is an amp.

Sound Master is an eBay "brand" that is extremely cheap. I think this Ultimate Guitar post about them nails it: "is this a piece of ****?" This line in that thread is probably the ultimate truth: Sometimes those no name things are a good deal but most of the time they suck ass.
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-883632.html

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Odyjon

Odyjon

May 10, 2012
    Chicago
    Trust me... I wrote it as best I could, I knew it would be.

Yeah that is the only article I could find on it.

I'll play on it and let everyone know how it is. I'll also Be playing a Fender rumble 4x10. Who will be better...dun dun dun.
    Using phil jones brief case amp as the head.

5. Odyjon

Odyjon

May 10, 2012
    Chicago
    So total shitter, 4x10 rumble rapes this.

6. Odyjon

Odyjon

May 10, 2012
    Chicago
    and they are 4x12's inside. Just one of those icky amps you'd find off ebay.

7. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

I threw out my back lifting and installing an air conditioner. I suspect if I lifted a 4x12 or 4x15 I would die. That's why they created the DI - to let the PA lift the load.

8. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Informative thread of the year nominee!

Odyjon likes this.