1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Soundgarden-Jesus Christ pose technique

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Reiber184, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Reiber184

Reiber184

Kind of a Noob question but in the song Ben plays a power chord that skips a string and it does't seem to muted or anything. I know that it's played with a pick but I don't understand how to do it. Thanks

2. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Not sure this is the answer you need --- a power chord is the root and the 5th. The guitar guys play both notes at the same time, we play them individually R-5 or R-5-R-5 depending on the amount of time the song gives us.
    Code:
    Major Scale Box. 

G~~|---2---|-------|---3---|---4---| 1st string
    D~~|---6---|-------|---7---|---8---|
    A~~|---3---|---4---|-------|---5---|
    E~~|-------|---R---|-------|---2---|4th string
    Put the root on the 4th string the 5 is always up a string and over two frets. Find a C on the 4th string it's G is up a string and over two frets. Sound the root first then sound the 5th. Or just sound the root and forget about the 5th R-R-R-R. See which one gets the job done. If the song is using power chords I would think just some roots would fit.

After listening to the song. Roots and lock in with the kick drum. What the kick drum does you do the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v39PmHRFVRM boom boom da boom etc.

Good luck.