1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

SOUNDGARDEN - King Animal

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MICKUSS, Nov 13, 2012.

1. MICKUSS

MICKUSS

The new Soundgarden is out today!
    I've listened to the iTunes stream of it a few times yesterday. Hoping to pick up the vinyl soon.

Cornell can't wail like he used to and there's a few spots when his voice sounds really horrible BUT the songs are awesome.
    Lots of tasty bass by Ben Shepperd as usual. Sounds like he might not be using flatwounds anymore. Hard to tell.

I think it's overall a really great album that I'll grow to love with more listens. Thoughts?

2. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

I saw them Play last summer, they were incredible, as good as they were live back in the day. THey played 2 new cuts and i thought it was good. Will get the new album at some point, id like to hear them keep making music, Super Unknown was one of the best post 70's Rock Albums EVER IMO.

3. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Albums:
  4. 4001

Haven't heard it yet. I'm sure I'll have to learn a few new songs for my band though.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful got to check this out

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Sounds nice just bought it $3.99 should keep the pirates at bay for a moment iTunes has it for $9.99 ?

8. Knavery

Knavery Supporting Member

Boy I hope they're good live. I spent $340.00 for two tickets in the 7th row here in Minneapolis for the Feb 2nd show. That might be a record for me. It actually didn't hit me how much I spent until about four hours later.

9. Richard Sabines

Richard Sabines

I think he's not using flatwounds anymore :( Good bass lines but I miss that flatwound sound, if I remember Dean markley flats(not for sale anymore)

10. darren1970

darren1970

Gonna buy this at the weekend.

Really looking forward to it. I always liked Ben Sheppards playing.

11. sprag

sprag

They are... saw them at big day out festival and Sydney Myer music bowl (Melb Aust) January this year.Great shows

12. lijazz

lijazz

Just listened to the whole CD in the car this morning. Honestly, I was never a huge Shepperd fan. not because of skill, just felt like he was always a bit back in the mix. But I gotta say, I am loving his tone on this record as well as the lines themselves and the receording. he seems way more out front than in the past. I really like it. It's like 1994 picked up right where it left off. Cool!