1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Soundtrack to your life

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JIO, Jan 27, 2014.

1. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Regardless of being famous (in your own mind or otherwise) or being Joe Schmoe, what would the soundtrack be for a movie about your life? (so far of course)

A style of music? An era of music? Specific songs from your "salad years"? Life as told though song lyrics?

For me, I think of 60's top-40, of Hendrix, Vanilla Fudge, Cream and Led Zepplin, Wishbone Ash, Jeff Beck, Weather Report and Jaco, and at the top of the list - Miles (man this is going to be a long movie!) behind footage of my "formative" years...

like that - game?
  2. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

not really a soundtrack but if i were to choose songs that represent me:

Beck - Loser
    Wheatus- Teenage Dirtbag
    Radiohead- Creep

If i were to choose songs that really inspires me it will come from 90s bands, sonic youth, nirvana, dinosaur JR, all those fuzz-ed out guitar band!!
  3. JIO

Disclosures:
    love the Radiohead / J Mastic too / and the Meat Puppets (mid-movie for me!)
  4. LowBC

LowBC

Disclosures:
    Builder: www.MavourneenStrings.com
    I've found that I like both a punk rock ethos and energy and the more interesting orchestrations offered by a "big"band.

Hence: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Flogging Molly

Trust me when I say "there's a lot more" but when we're in the car on the way to the gig, THIS is what I want in my ears.
  5. JIO

Disclosures:
    Yes, there is that definition to soundtrack - it's what we listen to while we live our lives. It is part of what defines us.
  6. pfox14

pfox14

"I'm 18 and I don't know what I want" That sums it up for me.
  7. JIO

Disclosures:
    At least for now ;) Could be creating your own soundtrack is a possibility.