Source Audio - Orbital Modulator - Demo videos

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gadgetjunky, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

2. ryansalmond

ryansalmond Supporting Member

Says the videos are private
  3. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

thanks, I will fix that.

I just watched my interface walk-through clip and I missed something. The parameter recall. You can discover where they knobs are set on a preset by turning the preset off, then turning all the knows counter clockwise, then turn on the preset and slowly turn each knob until you see the preset indicator led blink rapidly. It works pretty well, but you only get one shot per knob, meaning it only blinks rapidly once, then after that it will not blink rapidly again until you turn preset off and start over. And I couldn't get the rapid blinking led to work on the 'option' knob parameters. I'm not sure it that works and I was just doing something wrong.

I also tried to program the FX selector with the Hot Hand and the Fx selector is frozen while you are programming the Hot Hand. That makes sense, but I had to try.

Keep in mind that there are so many parameters in this thing that I barely scratched the surface on the sounds and tones you can get. Basically you can adjust it to get almost anything you want and then some.

Great job SA and thanks
  4. falconspatriots

falconspatriots Oh Word Supporting Member

Seems like a great alternative to the Mobius. Not as deep, but for the price, you can't complain!!!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Disclosures:
    Source Audio BETA tester
    Ala Korg G5. And I'm assuming some other boxes must use that same behavior, I think the MAM Warp9 filter may have as well.
  7. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Fyi, here is the Classic Distortion Pro pedal I used in these clips and the setting I used. I actually like the high frequency distortion this pedal has because I have a clean and a fx channel on the board and FOH it blends very nicely and cuts thru well.

[​IMG]
  8. Yurtra

Yurtra

Really digging these videos. Any chance you'd be willing to do some more in order to demo some other tones? :hyper:
  9. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

yes. I'll make more with knob turning. I just have gigs, work & family. But more are coming. One of the parameters I found extremely helpful was the -/+ Env settings on the Mod knob, plus the blending of Mods. The 3 levels of gain are very cool too (mix, Volume and LOretain). I'm far for an expert of these parameters, but it seems like you could adjust everything, basically 9 knobs and a few have multi-functions. So I think the next video will be 1 fx with turning every knob in a few different combinations. I also want to stack it with my MWBD pro and other stuff :)
  10. ryansalmond

ryansalmond Supporting Member

Awesome videos Gadgetjunky!
  11. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

[​IMG]
    until you actually get one of these SB2 pedals in you hand, you really can't perceive how small they are. But they still throw in a ton of functions and the pedals are very easy to adjust. Here's a pic of Orbital next to BEF pro for reference, but even then it doesn't full represent real life.

(please ignore the rats nest of cords at the top of picture, the board is in a state of flux)
  12. alainkills

alainkills

great review bra. when will this be available? tia
  13. jwr

jwr

Great videos!!! I'm going to get one of these!
  14. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

The Orbital, isn't that pedal made for guitar rather than bass in mind. If so I wonder if they are going to make a bass version. Hate to buy this and than a bass version comes out.
  15. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

No, it's perfect for bass with the LoRetain and all the parameters. Sounds awesome on bass.
  16. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

It should be available very soon.
  17. rsmith601

rsmith601 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    President, Source Audio
    Only one version is necessary. Just like the reverb.

With the filters and the distortions it is necessary for 2 separate units (bass and guitar).

Miaking this pedal bass friendly was a very high priority!
  18. rsmith601

rsmith601 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    President, Source Audio
    Should be in stores this week or next. We lost a couple of days due to snow!
  19. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

20. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

One thing I've noticed when stacking these Source Audio pedals is that the clean/dry mix seems to make it thru the whole pedal chain. I'm don't know if this is common with mixing all pedals. but listen to the parts of the Fx demos I have when I kick in the distortion. It seems like the Obrital is grabbing the distorted signal and letting my clean dry mix that is actually part of the blending of the Classic Distortion Pro to pass thru. I've noticed this when stacking the Classic Pro>MWBD Pro>BEF Pro also, the original distortion from the first pedal in the chain (Classic Pro) is still coming out the end after going thru the MWBD Pro and BEF Pro's clean mix? I'm just now figuring this out and the plan is to get a video of it so you guy can tell me what's really going on there.

Anyway, yesterday was very busy and I didn't get to make videos and I'm out of town for a coupld of days, but here's the videos I plan to make over the next week:

1. Detailed knob turning for each Fx (Chorus, Flanger and Phaser. that includes tremelo on each fx)
    2. More Classic Pro distortion into Orbital
    3. MWBD Pro into the Orbital
    4. Sansamp into the Orbital
    5. Phase 90 vs Orbital
  21. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Chorus - walk-thru

I ran a loop thru my Flashback to adjust the knobs on the 3 chorus fx's and covered a lot of stuff, but there's no way to do every combination.