1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Source Audio Pro stackable presets?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by enjoi1018, Jul 30, 2013.

1. enjoi1018

enjoi1018 Supporting Member

I searched but could find no answer! I had a MWBD pro awhile ago, and
    am now looking at the BEF Pro. I'd like to use it for a couple of extra filter voices and some as a straight EQ for slap tone, etc.

So, would it be possible to edit the software to allow the foot switches to be on/bypass switches instead of selectors? For instance, the first switch is a mid-scoop, the third is a down sweeping filter. I want to be able to hit the scoop to alter my EQ, then switch on the filter which would effect my new EQ, this having 2 changes from the one pedal. Shouldn't that be fairly simple to program?

As I finished that paragraph, I realize it's almost certainly a processing power issue to some point, as well.

Lemme know what y'all think!

cheers!
  2. doubleohnodj

doubleohnodj

I don't think it's possible. But you could make two identical presets with different EQ and switch between them. And I know you can make the EQ pre or post filter.
  3. Skrogh

Skrogh

While I am quite certain the processor has the power to do this (as long as none of the things overlap - eg no two EQ's on one pedal and not two filters at the same time) I am also quite sure it would be quite a bit of work on the code - thus a costly matter.

but with 3 presets on each bank you can do this on one bank:
    preset one - only EQ
    preset two - only filter, EQ flat
    preset three - EQ and filter

you have to step differently, but you should get the same effect.
  4. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Wouldn't you just save preset 1, then edit it a little, then save it as preset 2, etc