1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Source Audio Soundblox Pro vs 2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by aseksysasquatch, Nov 21, 2012.

1. aseksysasquatch

aseksysasquatch

Hi guys, I am interested in getting some source audio pedals, and have what I want mostly narrowed down, but I'm not sure whether I would rather have the Multiwave Bass Distortion Pro or 2. I'm wondering if the pro is worth the extra money. Thanks
  2. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Oh, I have researched this very thing. So....

Pro
    *6 presets
    *Midi control via standard midi cable, In only
    *Hot Hand controls only the amount of drive
    *Hot hand and expression pedal can be used at the same time
    *Expression pedal morphs between presets only
    *(edit) Oops, the eq
    SB2
    *2 presets
    *Midi control, after midi adapter is released. But will have Midi in/out and can daisy chain midi data using the SA daisy chain cable between other SB2 pedals
    *Hot hand can be assigned to any cingular control knob, default is to morph presets
    *Future compatibility with SB2 pedals
    *Expression pedal compatible only with SA dual expression pedal

I have a Pro version mainly because I control my fx with midi and without the midi adapter available at this time, I really didn't have a choice. But the expanded control of the hot hand on the SB2 make it very attractive. I think it mainly comes down to if you want the 6 presets and have plenty of room for it in your setup or if you are into the Hot Hand. I imagine it won't be long after the midi adapter comes out before I move to the SB2 MWBD.

BUT - Check out the Classic Distortion Pro if you are interested in more traditional fuzz/distortions
  3. aseksysasquatch

aseksysasquatch

Thanks for clearing it up for me, I think I'm leaning a bit towards the pro, but seeing as I don't have too much money to spend(just a broke teenager) maybe I'll go for the SB2
  4. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Look in the classifieds. I got a Pro for $150

Presets are nice to have and morphing is fun