1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Speaker Buzz/Rattle

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Boom762, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    Alright. I just bought Peavey max 700 and a TVX 4x10 (omg its F'n heavy) today and found that one of the speakers is buzzy st high volumes and with low notes. I also have this issue with the bottom speaker of my crate 2x15.

Whats the diagnosis? Are they consjdered "blown" or do they just need some glue or something on them? I have zero experience in working on speakers and cabs but I feel its time I get my hands back there myself... I just need direction

2. Are the speakers visibly ripped or damaged in any way?

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    I dont see any physical wear. I am planning on opening the cabinets tomorrow and seeing if maybe from the back they are ripped or something.

5. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Other possibilities. The grill can cause buzzes. Check all the speaker screws. I have also found buzzes from a screw inside the cab. If you push in on the the suspected speaker cone, you can sometimes detect a scratchy sound, not good. Hope this helps. I had a Peavey 2-10tx, one of the speakers were bad so I popped in a couple of Legion Sound 10s and never looked back.