1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Speaker cab help? (troubleshooting an Aguilar DB810)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ThirteenGlobes, Apr 10, 2014.

1. ThirteenGlobes

ThirteenGlobes

I play through an Aguilar DB810 that has 4 of the stock speakers replaced with Eminence Delta 10As (replaced when a broken ohm selector switch on the Sunn 300T caused them to blow). Lately they've been blowing, and not just with the Sunn. One with an Acoustic B600H and the other about 2 weeks (~10 hrs playing time) after I got the Sunn back from a long hiatus a lots of work. The speakers have been in the cabinet for about a year if I had to guess. Both of the amps that have been played through it are in good, working order (the Sunn just got serviced by someone who really knows his 300Ts), the Sunn at 4 ohms (same as the cab) and the Acoustic at 2, and neither amp pushes even half of the 1400 watts RMS at which the cab is rated. The only thing I can think of that would cause this would be that I think the tweeter is blown (but it isn't seized, it sounds like a ripped horn). Would that be causing it? Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot here? Like would it be worth it to pull all the speakers out and make sure the connections are solid? They're push-on connections, so maybe one rattled off or just wasn't put on properly? Sorry for the novel!

2. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

Too many variables between the 4 stock speakers still in there and the 4 Delta 10A to even guess. You might talk to Aguilar and see if they can recommend replacements that match the other 4. Or get the buggered ones re-coned.

3. ThirteenGlobes

ThirteenGlobes

That's actually the exact reason I went with the Delta 10As. Called Aguilar and a customer service rep told me their stock speakers are just rebranded Delta 10As.