Speaker Cab to go with a Traynor DynaBass 300T

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Big Benner, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Big Benner

Big Benner

Good day fine people,
    I'm looking for comments on what extention speaker cab I should be looking at to go with my Traynor DynaBass 300T (350 watt 2x8" combo).
    I've used an Ampeg 4x10 and more recently an original SWR Goliath I 4x10, but both are really big and heavy.
    I'm most interested in the Traynor 1x12, 1x15 NEO and mostly the 2x10 NEO.
    Just was looking for some input of fellow bass players who have had the chance to mix and match with something like the DynaBass 300T.
    Thanks all,
    Benner
  2. M. Owen Santy

M. Owen Santy Banned

Disclosures:
    Michael Tobias Designs Kingston Series & Traynor Amps Artist
    Personally - I would ALWAYS go to either a 4x10 or 2x12 at the very least. Traynor, Ashdown and GK both all very lightweight cabs.

Although I'm not a huge fan of them - GK has about the lightest available 410 (Gallien-Krueger 410MBE) and tons of guys/gals here love them for their light weight. Easy to find used too!
  3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Disagree. Since your combo is a 2x8, the most logical ext cab would be another 2x8, but at the very least, you should be looking at cabs that are close to the same output as the 2 8's. Anything bigger, like 4x10's etc, will completely render the 2 8's useless, and in constant danger of over excursion. You always want to closely match any 2 spkr cabinets, so one is not over powering the other, exposing it to danger of blowing. Much info available right here on this site.