1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Speaker cabinet OHMS 8+4=___?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jbassmaniac, Dec 5, 2013.

1. jbassmaniac

jbassmaniac REPRESENTING THE LOW END TO NO END!

Media:
    Albums:
    I have a Schroeder 15 L which is a 4ohm cab abd I want to run it with my Genz Benz 6.0 12T Combo rig which the GB speaker by itself is an 8ohm cab. If I run both of them together would that make a 6 ohm load and be safe to run with my 4ohm head?

2. JACink

JACink

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

2.67, run them in series (with a junction box or cable) and it will be 12 ohms.

4. jbassmaniac

Media:
    Albums:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Disconnect the combo's internal driver and run Schro by itself. Running them in series will gain virtually nothing. The internal 8Ω driver will take two thirds of the output and the 4Ω Schro one third. That output power will be much reduced by the 12Ω system load. It's a bad idea all around.

7. jbassmaniac

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Bassman. I would never run a 12 ohm load. I will just gig with it as is. Wanted to throw the 15" on the bottom but don't have to. Thanks everyone for your help!