1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Speaker replacement recommendations

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by 10cc, Mar 5, 2014.

1. 10cc

10cc

I've read through a bunch of older threads but thought I'd be able to find some quicker answers by starting this thread. I have two different rigs in question.

1. I have a 370 and a 320 I love both and want to get an old unloaded 106 cabinet back in action to pair with one of these heads. What speakers should I consider?

2. I would also like to replace the old CTS stock speakers in my Kustom 200/215 cabinet. Again what speakers? I've read JBL and Altecs but what models? Someone also recommended Eminence Deltas.

Thanks for some first hand input.

2. jj4001

jj4001 Supporting Member

I hear good things about Orange County Speaker. They're familiar with these vintage cabs and should be able to recommend replacement drivers.
    http://www.speakerrepair.com/

In my own experience, I've had good results with Peavey Black Widows in an Acoustic 2x15 that's similar to, but not exactly the same as your 106 cab.

Good luck!