Specs on New Sig

Discussion in 'Ask Ray Riendeau' started by AJ Brown, Jan 29, 2013.

1. AJ Brown

AJ Brown Supporting Member

Hey Ray,

Your new sig bass looks incredible. What are the exact specs on it and how does it compare to the Mosaic series? What's different about it?

Thanks,
    -AJ

2. rayriendeau

rayriendeau

Thanks AJ
    I'm very pleased with the bass, it sounds and looks amazing! It will have a ramp as well (it just wasnt done yet). Here are some specs:

RR ZON BASS INFO

This is the first graphite composite neck Mosaic bass Zon Guitars has made. The bass bass features an ash body with maple top, extended lower cutaway, matte black finish, contoured heel and lower horn, Hipshot D-tuner, Aguilar Amplification OBP-3 preamp, Bartolini Soapbar pickups, 34" scale, 19mm spacing and all black hardware.

3. AJ Brown

Nice! I called Zon today about it. They just need to get back to me with a price. Sounds great in all the vids I've seen, and having owned about a dozen Zons in the past, I'm confident Joe has nailed what I would have spec'd from him for my next one.

4. rayriendeau

rayriendeau

My goal in having a signature bass was to make the best 4 string possible. I wanted a "stealth" look and wanted it to have a great slap & finger tone. I've had several custom ZONs made so this helped in knowing what worked well to reach this goal. Anyways, thanks for your interest. I think you will really dig this bass!!!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. AJ Brown

Thanks Ray. I appreciate the responses.

7. winegamd

winegamd

What made you choose the Aguilar pre over the polyfusion?

8. rayriendeau

rayriendeau

I don't have a specific answer for you other than I just prefer the marriage of the Bartolinis with the Aggy preamp. I have a few basses with the same electronics and that sound really works well for what I like to hear.