Spector bass info?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MEKer, Mar 1, 2014.

1. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

Here is what a friend just emailed me--but I know nothing about Spector basses. I told him to send me some pics as we certainly cannot guess about it. I think we could only say it is 2005 and then make guesses about the value (if any) of the signatures on it. What do any of you Spector gurus think? Excuse his less than perfect English. Other than that, gotta wait for pics and Ill post them.

"Spector bass guitar i have with serial number is S05041177 my reasearch tells me it was a samick era spector bass because the serial number begins with an s that all i know , also if you could please tell the the worth of the guitar in your opinion and if i should take the stickers off , i had it signed at a local concert when "where angels suffer" came to play its signed by Chris holmes, Randy piper , Stet howland , rich lewis , and steve unger . Also Randy piper is no longer with them he split in 2011 and was replaced by Ira black , anything you could tell me about this guitar would be helpful . Price estimate, model , year anything at all . "
  2. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector-Dingwall-Aguilar-DR-Tech 21-Darkglass
    The stickers certainly won't help the value, but without photos it'll be very difficult to tell the model...offhand guess is an NS-2A, let's see if I'm right ;)
  3. troubleboy

troubleboy

4. lippylou

lippylou Supporting Member

That's definitely not a Euro or a US made Spector. Possibly a Performer series judging by the serial number on the back.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

7. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector-Dingwall-Aguilar-DR-Tech 21-Darkglass
    Yep, definitely didn't notice the 2005 disclaimer, my guess was terrible :scowl:

Unfortunately, not a whole lot of value for something like that unless you come across the exact right kind of niche collector
  8. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

A Performer bass. OK and is 2005 the right year per the SN? I figured you Spector owners know your stuff! I think his price is high and is depending on the signatures for the value. Thoughts? Being a vintage Washburn guy, I don't think I've ever held a Spector and I've never heard of the band. Guess I am too old school.