1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Spector emg hz replacements?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ch33sey, Feb 17, 2013.

1. ch33sey

ch33sey

Have just bought a brand new Legend Custom for the bargain price of £235. Its fantasticly made. ....but i am used to a bit more grunt and the HZs even with the tone boost are well...a bit lacking. I have been looking at straight replacements with the EMG 35 DC looking like a good replacement.
    Questions
    Is it possible to directly fit one in the bridge position and keep the toneboost circuit for the neck pickup?

Ch33sey
  2. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I don't remember if the Legend comes standard with vol/vol or vol/blend controls, but you'll have to wire it up as vol/vol and use a 25k pot for the volume of the active pickup.

Regarding the pickup fit, yes, it will fit just fine. EMG 4-string soapbar shapes (1.5" x 3.5") are very common among many manufacturers, so you don't have to limit yourself to just EMG replacements.