1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Spector Euro popping sound!?!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jacobrownoly, Dec 10, 2012.

1. jacobrownoly

jacobrownoly

Hi, I have a Spector Euro 5 (EMG BQC) I think that I may have a problem with the input jack...now and then I get some loud pops. The EMG BQC system is only 2 years old and the EMG DC/CS pickups in the bass are new too, this is why I think its the input jack. BUT.... I also get a crackling sound now and then from switching pickups too, so do the pots needed cleaned and may this be why I get popping?

Thanks
  2. jacobrownoly

jacobrownoly

Bump...anyone help
  3. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

No idea, try the Spector Club forum, might be someone there with an idea.
  4. grendle

grendle Supporting Member

sounds like the jack, could be dirty or need replacing. I believe their nutrik jacks. A 90 deg cable end helps take stress off the jack and helps it last. Guys in the club can help with the exact jack if you need a new one.
  5. jacobrownoly

jacobrownoly

Yeah am think about replacing the input jack, its a cylinder one is it not?
  6. Steveaux

Steveaux

It's an OUTPUT jack.