Spector Forte vs the Forte-X

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by catcauphonic, Dec 17, 2012.

1. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies

I've been rocking my new Forte-X all weekend, The feel of it & the sounds that come out of it are pretty amazing. One thing I'm not thrilled with is the way the strap button is located on the back of the neck just past where it meets the body. It causes the bass to tip forward more than I like. Can this button be easily moved to the top/side of the neck?

Also I'm wondering if anyone has done as side by side tonal comparison between the two models. I'm digging the slight grit that comes out of the EMGdc soapbars with the Aguilar OBP-2 pre, but I can't help but wonder about the P/J setup on the more rounded Forte. Has anyone played both side by side??

2. Mr.Bassie720

Mr.Bassie720 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses Spector Strings
    I hesitated in posting, because I've not played the Forte-X. I do have, and play a P/J Forte-4. It currently has the Spector 9V circuit With the OBP-2 it offered a very strong low mid response. That is actually the natural, unplugged, tone of the bass. As far as grit, the OBP-2 delivers! Sounds almost as good as the Spector 9V. Almost:) I would imagine the DCs would sound "bigger" probably louder as well. I am curious about this as well. The Forte series are an excellent choice. Even if you have the funds for an NS-2, I honestly believe the Forte basses have their own thing happening, and it's a good thing.

3. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    I have not played the fortes myself, however I have played the EMG p/js with the 9 volt circuit versus the DCs and the 18 volt spector circuit. A friend once said playing the p/j with 9 volt is like getting hit by a baseball bat.......focused, in a tight location. The DCs are like getting smashed by a 2x4...........or a big chunk of wood. The DC's bring more low character with a broad attack.........the p/js are a tighter focus. The OBP-2 at 18 volts is a bad mofo too! Hope this helps.......

4. Mr.Bassie720

Mr.Bassie720 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses Spector Strings
    Awesome description:bassist:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    That is one SMRT dude.

7. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Yeah, I think I might have not repeated the quote quite verbatim.........I forget who explained it to me that way but I think he lived in Virginia and had a name similar to the town he lives in............hmmmmm :bag: