Spector NS4CRFM "transition" bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GangstaBean, Jun 21, 2011.

1. GangstaBean

GangstaBean

I have a Czech made 1999 spector NS4CRFM "transition" bass. It's called a transition because it still has the dot inlays with the "SS" logo. Anyone have any of these and know how many were made and why they sold for? Thanks.
  2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

I still have the invoice what I paid for mine new $1495. It had the dot inlays and SSD logo. I actually had two of those (both SSD). First one was serial 14, and the 2nd serial one was in the mid 1200's.
    I also had a 1999 Czech NS5, but it had the crown inlays and Spector logo. Can't remember what range the serial was on that one, but the number was still in the control cavity.

But are you saying your had a dot neck with Spectors SS logo? that would be rare!
  3. GangstaBean

GangstaBean

My serial number is 1818. PJ from Spector said mine is from summer 1999 bt I really want to know how many were manufactures like mine. Mine has the SS logo
  4. Mr.Bassie720

Mr.Bassie720 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses Spector Strings
    I have one that I "stole" for $600.00:). Bought it used, but in pristine condition. SS logo on headstock, serial number 16XX located inside control cavity, dot inlays and EMG preamp. Didn't love the color(natural) so i had it refinished.

[​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GangstaBean

GangstaBean

I got mine for 650. :) but the only things I don't like: the lacquered neck, and the bridge pickup is weak. I may swap it out for a MEC pickup down the road. And oh, I woulda loved a natural finish!
  7. Filthybass

Filthybass

I paid 1100.00 for mine in 1998..love it
  8. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

Looks like Donnys???...Its Off White?
  9. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I've got one as well. It's an awesome bass, and very similar to the US made NS-2's minus the inlays and the Haz Lab preamp.

No idea how many were made, but there was some info on the Spector site about them that I can't seem to find at the moment. I thought it was under discontinued basses or something like that.

EDIT: Here you go. It says total production is unknown. If Spector doesn't know, I'm not sure you'll find an answer.

http://www.spectorbass.com/about/model_years_3.html
  10. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Jeff

I believe that it is Donny's now? The one he calls Jade.......its a pale green. Joe I'm right...........right?

:ninja::ninja::ninja:
  11. Mr.Bassie720

Mr.Bassie720 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses Spector Strings
    Absolutely! 1963 Volkswagen Jade green. Under certain lighting, it definitely looks off white. These CRFMs and early Euros are a crazy good value. They cost a little more these days. $800 to $900 seems to be the going rate.
  12. Filthybass

Filthybass

Mine has the ss headstock logo crown inlay w/ dot neck..its a 1998..9.5 outta 10..worth trading for a rex4?..or now called a rox4