1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Spector Rebop 5 DLX - Black Stain Zebop- Like New - Amazing Finish!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ynot12, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Spector Rebop 5 DLX - Black Stain Zebop- Like New

I bought this bass last year brand new last year for $1,400. I loved it so much, I immediately bought a four string Spector, and then antoher, and then another, and again, just bought another. They are awesome basses and SAS is real.

Realizing I am about to face the music from the wife - you know the kind - I need to start selling some things quickly. Therefore, this incredible 5-banger has to go. I just haven’t played more than a few hours since I got back into the four-strings immediately after buying this one. Total play time is realistically under 24-hours. The bass is truly like new - not a spot, ding, swirl, or anything to be found.

Check out the pictures and you will see the incredible transparent black stained Zebrawood finished top with Alder back. The bass is a Deluxe model with the best fit and finish you could ask for. It’s light, 9.0 on the bathroom scale.

It has EMG-HZ pups and the Spector Tone-Pump with trim pot. The low B is thunderous and you can drop tune very nicely with the 35” scale. I recently set-it up with super low-action. This bass sounds badass and plays so comfortably. If you have never played a Spector, this is a great way to try one at a great price. I actually sold my Warwick Thumb 5 when I bought this Rebop and that Wick was my favorite bass. Spectors are amazing instruments.

Smoke fee home.

$850 plus $50 shipped in Spector box I received it in. It’ll be just like buying a new one for $550 less! If you’d prefer a Spector soft case in great condition, I have one I can ship it in for $35 more.

Paypal only. I will ship to CONUS only.

Thanks for looking - you’ll get an awesome bass at a great price!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tomydacat

tomydacat Supporting Member

WOW BUMP !!!!!! NICEEE

3. 8liter

8liter Supporting Member

Good.......lord....Not what I wanted to see after getting my return this year.

Free bump, sir. That is one of the BEST looking Spectors I have ever seen.

4. Zitch

Zitch Spector Jedi in Training Supporting Member

Bump for a killer bass and an A+ seller! This thing is gorgeous.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

tony is a great guy to deal with!

7. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein

Disclosures:
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    Someone get me a towel...i just drooled on myself! Wow, if that were a 4 string...i'd figure something out. Awesome deal on an awesome bass from an awesome TBer!

Cheers!

Joey

8. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Thanks guys, it kills me to let this one go, but as a five-string it just doesn't get played. Although it has been awesome looking at it every day. The finish is insane in person. Better than the pictures!

9. Fat240

Fat240 Supporting Member

Beautiful bass, and a awesome deal.

10. ebradfordrich

ebradfordrich Gold Supporting Member

Free, won't-last-long-bump. Nice bass and a righteous dude.

11. JeffLieby

JeffLieby Supporting Member

Free bump, I used to own a natural ZeBop and they truly are amazing instruments. I have never seen a trans black ZeBop before, this bass is beautiful.

12. LightGroove

LightGroove

13. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Thanks for comments and bumps, guys.

Also, appreciate the tempting trade offers, but can't do trades for this one. I have a SAS bill coming next month that needs to be paid. LOL

14. DjNawo

DjNawo

Incredible bass. I'd look into it if my return wasn't smaller than expected this year. Been looking for a 5 String Spector and this is beautiful.

15. Fat240

Fat240 Supporting Member

Someone buy this so I don't have to look at it. I already have a Rebop but this is smoking!!

16. NG51

NG51 Supporting Member

I keep checking my mailbox for my tax refund...

17. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Lots of interest and most are just waiting on that refund check. Who's going to win the race to the mailbox? Someone is going to be very happy they did. This bass is sick!

18. Fat240

Fat240 Supporting Member

Man I got to stop coming back here, I love this thing. Spector 18v and 40p/j and they sound like a $4000.00 U.S. Even stock is bad a$$.

19. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

I know how you feel. I keep coming to look at the pictures myself and I'm the one selling it. It really does look even better in person.

There is a depth to the zebra wood grain and a cool iridescence that throws off faint amber and purple in certain light. It's beautiful and badass at the same time.

20. Zitch

Zitch Spector Jedi in Training Supporting Member

That is the best looking Trans black ive seen! These basses sound awesom to, they can do it all.

21. ebradfordrich

ebradfordrich Gold Supporting Member

Drool. Someone please buy this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.