1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  2. Search results may return 0 or few results. We are currently rebuilding the search index, may take a couple hours. Thank you for your patience!

Spector Rebop with EMG HZ wiring question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mandohack, Mar 8, 2014.

1. mandohack

mandohack Supporting Member

Looking for a little help with my first EMG parts swap (not that I have a lot of p'up swap experience).

Rebop 5 came with EMG HZ pickups, 5-pin on the back. I want to replace the TonePump with the EMG BQC HZ System (HZ vs. non-HZ BQC is the blend control resistor).

The part that got me stumped ... EMG diagram shows terminated wires coming from the pickups, but doesn't show the pickup end of the cable. The BQC System came with cables, but none have more than two-pin terminators. The directions say I can just "use the new wires included", but I'm not sure which pins on the back of the pickup to use with the new cables. Also, the diagram says something about white/black "tubing", but none of the included wires have black tubing, only white (there are two with white). Any pointers are appreciated.

The EMG pickup wiring doc didn't help.

Beginning to think it'd just be easier to solder like the way it is now.

Thanks!

2. mandohack

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
  4. mandohack

Thanks, JimmyM.

I'll reach out to EMG.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. awilkie84

awilkie84

You'll need to solder the EMG-HZ leads to the back of the BQC controls. There are instructions for it included with the BQC.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Oh, I get it now...these are old school pickups without quick connectors, huh? Sorry, I guess I was no help ;)