1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Spector vs. Warwick Necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bofink, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Bofink

Bofink

So there are many Spector vs- Warwick threads out there, but I haven't seen about the necks of these basses.

So, what is the difference? which one is thinner and less nut width?

I like the sound of both and I still haven't had a change to try them out!

/Bofink
  2. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp Supporting Member

There are many variations of both manufacturers, even for a specific model from year to year. So it's impossible to say. I have an oil-rubbed '99 Spector NS4CRFM which has a super slim neck...but even the painted neck model of the same bass is said to be like a telephone pole to some. I noticed a difference but I didn't think it was a major one so it also depends on the bassist as well.
  3. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

Tough question, as they have many different neck profiles.

I have two USA Spectors and a Warwick Streamer Jazzman.

My 4 string Spector is an NS-2J. Compared to my Warwick, it has a wider nut and fatter back. The Warwick has a very slim, narrow Jazz shaped neck. I believe a Spector Doug Wimbish model would be very close to the thinner Warwick neck. In general, I think Spectors are wider and fatter. I love them both though :)