1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Spectorcore-4 for first fretless?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BloodlessWar, Oct 16, 2013.

1. BloodlessWar

BloodlessWar

So tomorrow night, I will have the chance to try out/purchase a Spectorcore 4 string fretless bass in an orange/amber color.

This will be my first fretless if I buy it, so I'm thinking the lined board is a good thing. The bass is being sold for $400 with gig bag, strap, and strap locks included. From what I can tell through my research this is an excellent deal based on price of a new one.

My question is whether you TBer's have had good experiences with this bass (if you've tried it) or heard about whether it's a good instrument. Also, what are the must-ask questions when buying a used bass?
  2. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr Bass Guitar Supporting Member

I've had two and wish I had them back (had to sell them during after being laid off). They're great instruments, great sound, great construction and $400 is a steal. If you don't want it, hook me up!
  3. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

I had the fretted version of the exact bass you describe. It had an exceptionally high comfort and playability factor. It just about played itself. It had a Piezo and a magnetic pick up. The magnetic was an EMG HZ passive. I was not wild about the sound of the EMG but blending in the Piezo made a very crisp punchy well-rounded hi-fi tone. I sold it to a friend in need. And I had over 30 bases at the time. I do think about it and miss it often.

As far as what to look for make sure the truss rod still works and that the electronics squirt out some sound. Besides that it's what you see is what you get. good luck and enjoy. Beautiful basses IMHO