1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Spotty Pedal Switch--any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ChopperDave, Dec 16, 2013.

1. ChopperDave

ChopperDave Hai-ohhhhhhh! Supporting Member

I have an EHX Epitome that's experiencing a little issue: the switch for the Electric Mistress portion is spotty, by which I mean sometimes I tap it and it engages, other times it does not. There does not appear to be a pattern.

Has anyone dealt with this (regardless of the pedal), and what, short of replacing the switch did you do? And for those who did replace the switch, how difficult a task is that?

EDIT for more description: You can actually feel the pedal engage or not engage if you press it with your hand. As if there's something not catching.
  2. Gabeja15

Gabeja15 Supporting Member

Sounds like a mechanical problem. Unfortunately kinda common, especially since you're supposed to stomp on the thing.

Good news is that its a pretty simple fix. I can't tell you specifically which model stomp switch you'll need to replace yours, but you will definitely be able to find the one you need at either smallbear or mammoth electronics
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If you don't mind being without it for a couple weeks, EHX will fix any broken pedal made in recent years for $25.
  4. rjovin

rjovin

sounds to me that it's a dirty switch. the led on my micro pog would flicker on and off (no loss of sound) when i stepped on the switch. all i did was spray the switch with electronic cleaner, pressed the switch a few times and boom, all better. i clean my switches every once and a while just to be safe.
  5. ChopperDave

ChopperDave Hai-ohhhhhhh! Supporting Member

Best news I've heard yet today. Thanks!

But I'll try this first ...

Thanks, all!