1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Squier 50's CV bridge replacement

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by denton57, Mar 26, 2014.

1. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

I picked up a 50's CV in butterscotch in a trade, and I really want to replace the massive bridge with a standard normal Fender bridge. I've owned one of these in the past, and I realized a Fender bridge has different screw spacing.

Will a Squier bridge from another model of bass drop right in? There are plenty on eBay for cheap (chrome, 70's style saddles)...was just curious if all squier bridges are interchangeable?

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

I have never had the bridge off of one of those, but that bridge looks a LOT like the bridge used on the CV 60's Jazz, and that is NOT a direct replacement ... the 5 hole mounting patter is a bit wider .. use the center hole to line up your Fender replacement, and the next two holes out are doable, but the two end ones should be plugged and redrilled, as the angle is very sharp ... the string spacing is also slight wider on the CV 60's Jazz as well compared to standard Fender 5 hole mounting pattern ...