Squier Affinity P Bass Users Need Your Help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by shawshank72, Jan 6, 2014.

1. shawshank72

shawshank72 Supporting Member

Im in need of replacing the pickguard but cant find them anywhere. These are the 14 hole model.
    Mine had a white one that someone painted black but the paint is coming off and its cracked.
    Want to replace with black.
    Are the Mighty Mite MM5700 a correct fit?
    It has the look and 14 holes to match.
    Or is there anywhere else to find this squier pickguard?
  2. shawshank72

50+ people visit but no answers.
    Sigh
  3. skot71

skot71 Guest

My son has an Affinity P-bass, but it only has 13 screws.
  4. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Quite honestly, me, I would just drill new holes where you need to if need be. I have an affinity P/J and if and or when I switch my p/g out, I wouldn't have an issue drilling holes to accommodate the new p/g. Maybe you won't feel the same. Just take your time if you do it.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ElmRealmRider

ElmRealmRider

I'm about to switch out a pickguard for my affinity when it gets here, its chinese made and has 14 holes. I've done a bit of research and there are no straight drop in pickguards made for affinity's. many people have switched out pickguards some say they fit perfect some say they have to do slight mods. I bought a gold anodized pickguard off ebay, i'll have to make mods for sure to make it fit, but if it becomes to much of a hassle i may try another pickguard. someone suggested dragonfire pickguards theyre only $12.
  7. paparoof

paparoof Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    fEARful koolaid drinker
    ^Agreed^

For the record I'm not a Squier-basher, if anything I'm a fan boy. I can afford "real" Fenders, but I choose to own ONE Fender and six Squiers and I absolutely love every one of them. I gig them regularly.

But all that said... it's a sub-200-dollar bass. Why stress over it? If it doesn't line up perfectly, drill new holes and the new pickguard will cover the old holes.

Just make it fit and be happy.
  8. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

Adapting it to fit a standard Fender 13-hole pickguard may not be a possibility. Here's a Squier Standard PJ I wanted to put a Fender guard on. The pickup placement put about an 1/8" gap at the neck. If you were to butt it to the neck, the control cavity would be exposed.

[​IMG]
  9. coughiefiend

coughiefiend

Google "Pickguard Heaven"... they can make anything. They'll only require a tracing of the original.
  10. shawshank72

Very nice. Thank you
  11. Lownote38

Lownote38

There was a run of those tort Fender P Bass pickguards that were too small a few years ago. They didn't even fit a 62 reissue! It was just that one run, though. The next run was the right size.
  12. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

That guard is actually the orig from my AVRI '62 P. Hasn't shrunk, as it's currently on another P right now.

[​IMG]