Squier Cabronita/Fender Cabronita difference

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BirdThunder, Jan 26, 2014.

1. BirdThunder

BirdThunder

So I was at guitar center earlier and tried out the Squier Cabronita bass, I really liked the sound and the feel, so I researched about it when I got home, and saw it has a filtertron pick up and the Fender has a fidelitron pick up (they didn't have the fender in stock, also samash dsnt have it either, weird) so guys If you have any experience with this two basses please share, I'm thinking of getting one.

All i have found so far is fender made the fidelitron and gretsch has the filtertron, but Ic ould be wrong.

FENDER
    [​IMG]
    SQUIER
    [​IMG]

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

It's a typo on the fender website. They both have the fidelitron.

As far as I can tell, the difference is body wood and finish. Also, the pole pieces didn't quite line up perfectly with the strings on a Squier cabronita I briefly had.

I think the pickup is slightly closer to the bridge on the Squier than on the fender, or the other way around. The one I had was great but the not slots were poorly cut so the open a string buzzed.

3. BirdThunder

BirdThunder

I see, cause I know filtertron is from gretsch, might check at GC again to see if they get the fender stock.