Squier CV 60s Precision Sonic Blue not available in Europe anymore?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Imaginos, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Imaginos

Imaginos

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my hands on the Squier CV 60s precision bass in sonic blue and apparently they don't ship the color in question to Europe anymore - at least not to Finland when I asked around from some stores. Does anyone know any trustworthy European webstores that still have it in storage? Fiesta red just isn't doing it for me, especially with the tortoise pick guard. Of course I could swap it to black but it would still irk me.

Please help me out, I want to get my hands on this beautiful bass. Played the red version in a store and was blown away by both the playability and the tone.
  2. TMBTC

TMBTC Supporting Member

I haven't seen a Sonic Blue one here in the States since the Fiesta Red one came out.
  3. Imaginos

Imaginos

Ah, that sucks big time. I thought they were available in the US since the Squierguitars site hadn't taken down the blue color option. Damn, damn, why there aren't any cheaper Fender models in surf/seafoam green or sonic blue? :spit: I don't want to spend 100 euros just to re-paint a newly bought bass.
  4. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

there are a LOT of these out there, keep your eyes peeled for used ones.

I'm not crazy about fiesta red but when these came out I thought "why only blue?"
  7. Imaginos

Imaginos

I wish I lived in the US since it would be easy to just snag one off from eBay. Now the chances of someone wanting to sell theirs in Finland are a bit slim. Also, I'd kind of want to get one in pristine condition without any dents or scratches. :atoz:
  8. pudgychef

pudgychef

apparently a common reaction they got was - Sonic Blue wasn't a colour choice on Ps in the 60s, why are you offering it? So perhaps they are phasing that colour out...too bad as they make a nice pair imho
  9. Imaginos

Imaginos

Blah, I too care more about aesthetics rather than historical accuracy. :bag:
  10. 5string5fingers

5string5fingers Supporting Member

lake placid blue wasn't an offer in the 50s either? I also wonder why they don't tint the neck on the 50s p bass like they do the jazz and 60s p bass.
  11. bh2

bh2

Any in the UK?
  12. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!! Supporting Member

The Sonic Blue colour was unceremoniously discontinued sometime late 2010, if memory serves. I was damn lucky to find one - a used or NOS floor model from a dealer (initials: GC) over 2500 miles away. As soon as I saw it, I immediately ordered it by phone. The sales manager said it was in near-new condition, and he wasn't lying. I still owe him a beer! :D
  13. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!! Supporting Member

There was a Sonic Blue CV precision that I saw recently. Granted, I found it by happenstance over a week ago and could still be there or sold by now, I dunno. However, it is in a small music store in Washington State. It is NOS - it still has the peel-away coverings on the pick guard and pup. It also has that wacky "Classic Vibe" mustard & ketchup decal. The price tag was $300.

If any lurkers/members are GAS'ing for this, their website - I am not affiliated in any way: http://allstarstrings.com/index.htm. AFAIK, their inventory is not viewable, so call (or e-mail) and ask. If outside WA, they may be able to ship; doesn't hurt to ask.