Squier Deluxe Active Jazz Bass IV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stingray19, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Stingray19

Stingray19

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Do want!

I have the 5er, and the best thing about it was that ebanol fretboard, I'd love a four.

The Slap switch is a mid boost/cut.

In one direction, scoops out the mids, for slap, in the other, pops 'em back in, for nomal play
  3. CBgaragebassist

CBgaragebassist

The ebonol feels kind of like a gloss finish except not as 'sticky, IMO. I've got the 5er version and these are great basses.
    Mein bass-
    [​IMG]
  4. spz8

spz8

I'm another owner of the fiver. The fretboard is very good and didn't scratch up at all, as I had been told it would. The neck is awesome - very smooth and comfy. I find I only play with the pre-amp toggle in the "slap" setting with some added mids to give it more body. Go for it!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. AgIdoc

AgIdoc

which direction is which, if you dont mind me asking?

i have one of these (5-er) on order in black...its been a month.:mad: i aint got it yet
  7. Darkstrike

I'll be honest, I don't know, I made mine passive, and can't remember, its easy to tell by ear, anyway. :)
  8. CBgaragebassist

CBgaragebassist

The switch flipped down is brighter, up is darker. i keep it in the darker setting.
  9. spz8

spz8

The switch is 2 position - Towards the neck is "slap" position, towards the bridge is normal. The "slap" position is more than just a mid cut. The bass and treble is also accentuated, and the whole EQ point is shifted. There is also a noticeable dB gain. IMO, this setting has a much better low midrange punch. Just dial in some upper mids onboard, or at the amp for a little more grit/grind.
  10. Darkstrike

Up is with mids, then, down scooped.
  11. CBgaragebassist

CBgaragebassist

With mids-
    [​IMG]
    Scooped(slap)-
    [​IMG]
  12. Twocan

Twocan Supporting Member

I had the V version - great construction and feel but I did not trust the electronics. I've seen several at guitar stores with electrical problems (not a dead battery) that were either not working properly or not at all.
  13. AgIdoc

AgIdoc

14. CBgaragebassist

CBgaragebassist

You're very welcome. I like any excuse to take pics of my basses. ;)
  15. Bassslayer69

Bassslayer69 Banned

I JUST got back from putting money down on a black 4 string deluxe!

should be here in a week or 2...will give full review upon arrival.
  16. AgIdoc

AgIdoc

i bet slayer gets his before i get mine!
  17. Bassslayer69

Bassslayer69 Banned

What the! you are AMERICAN! you should have gotten yurs within days! I bet whoever you ordered from is a moron! Mine has to come all the way up to canada!
  18. AgIdoc

AgIdoc

well i ordered it from the local mom & pop store, not the mega-dealer. he gave me a decent trade-in for my VM jazz.

it took 2 weeks & when it got here it had been dropped & had a big ding on it.

then the Christmas holiday set us back

then Fender/Squier had to "process" the return, whatever the heck that means.

so yeah. i'm not mad at my store...just frustrated by the long process. friday it will be 5 weeks since i traded in my beloved VM jazz
  19. bassdeluxe57

bassdeluxe57

I may be interested in picking up one of these Squier J Bass Deluxe IVs. Always been a Sunburst type guy but always end up with something else. I've seen images on the net of these basses with the classic 3 colour sunburst but also the simpler 2 colour sunburst. Anyone have one of these basses in a sunburst? And if so is it a 3 colour or a two colour?
  20. bassdeluxe57

bassdeluxe57

After checking the Fender site it appears that this bass is only offered in one style of sunburst (3 colour). The pics on the net seem to be fooling me as some of them don't appear to be a 3 colour burst.
  21. BootzillaSun

BootzillaSun

Well I love my VM V sunburst and it is my primary bass .I love the many many sounds i can get out of it.[​IMG] .I really love the neck it fast and smooth