1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Squier Deluxe Active Jazz V What Color?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by russpurdy, Aug 11, 2013.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy

So I'm just looking for some opinions to help with my decision. As soon as I can get some gear sold I'm going to pick up a Squier Deluxe Active Jazz V (my first fiver). There is a sunburst at my local shop that I like and if its still around when I have the money ill buy it but if its gone and I need to order one should I go with black or sunburst?

I like the sunburst as it creates a bit of contrast with the black ebonal fretboard but straight burst with no guard or control plate looks a bit odd. It would, however, fit in with my more vintage looking instruments.

The black looks sharp in its own right and I really like the painted headstock. I occasionally play with some metal core guys and the all black would certainly fit in there. It's also very clean looking and would look very cool with black hardware.

So, what do you think? For your money would you go black or burst?

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Sadly, they don't make the white/white model anymore. I had one a ways back when I tried my hand at five strings. In my case, it didn't work out for me, so it's long since gone. But if this is to your liking, a used one pops up every now and then.

[​IMG]

That being said, it was an excellent bass. I liked the ebonol board so much that I harvested a four-stringer neck with the black headstock for a parts-bass I'm working on.

If "da look" is really that important and you're running with a metal crowd, I'd go with the black/black.

To get the most for your money, check out Guitar Center's used database. They usually have a few of these going for $200+. Just type in "Squier", select "Bass" and make sure all the other checkboxes are un-checked. This way you'll see what they have nationwide. Then call the store and ask to speak to someone about verifying it's condition and working order.