1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Squier Deluxe Active Pickup Wires

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by slapbass06, Jan 28, 2013.

1. slapbass06

slapbass06

I ordered a bass mods beq12-34apms and the instructions have only one hot lead pickup wire and my bass pickups have 3 wires and a ground so were do the other 2 wires go?

2. Cadfael

Cadfael

Have a look at my "wiring compendium" ...
    Draweing 1.9.11 (page 219 in the current version 387).: http://161589.homepagemodules.de/t2...chaltplan-Sammlung-fuer-passive-E-Baesse.html

Black, Red (and maybe bare) are GND.
    White is HOT.

If your bass is wired like the 2008 version, wire it like this ...
    So, White to HOT and all others to GND.

Or how are the colours at your bass at the moment / in your original Squier wiring?

3. slapbass06

slapbass06

Neck pickup the red wire is the hot lead to the blend pot and the bridge pickup the white wire is the hot lead to the blend pot The pickup has 3 wires and 1 ground each and the black and white wire from the neck pickup is solder to the volume pot and and the red and bare wire from the bridge pickup goes to the blend pot solder on the side

4. Cadfael

Cadfael

Maybe write it down (or remember this thread ...).

Simply wire it as it is now.
    All wires which go to GND will have to go to GND too in the new wiring, the wires which go to the (middle) of the blend pot are the HOT wires and have to be soldered to the HOT connectors with the new EQ.

Regard all wires which go to GND as "one wire".
    Than the instruction fits to your PUs ...

5. Register to disable this ad