Squier Jaguar Body Size

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Geni758, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Geni758

Geni758 Supporting Member

Manufacturers frequently make smaller bodies for their short scale models. Do any of you know whether or not the body on the Squier VM Jaguar SS is smaller than the full sized Jaguar, or is it the same size?
  2. DjangoKid

DjangoKid

Anybody?

I want to know also. I haven't been able to find a Jag SS to compare to my full-scale Jag.
  3. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

There's a guy on this thread who, for the moment, has both. I asked him if he could snap a pic with one on top of the other for a proper size comparison. He has a pic of both sitting side-by-side, but it's kinda hard to tell if there's a difference. The SS Jag's smaller neck keeps throwing off the perspective.
  4. DHart

DHart

There is most definitely a noticeable difference in the sizes of the bodies, though it is not dramatic. You do feel the difference in size and weight. My reg. scale VM Jag weighs about 8.5 lbs. and the SS weighs 6.7 lbs.

Personally, I MUCH prefer the SS version for the shorter scale, in particular, as well as for the lighter weight and easier handling form factor. It's just a lot easier to play and because of that, more fun! I will be exchanging the reg. scale version for another bass (almost certainly another short scale bass) of some sort.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    Malak the Mad likes this.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Many thanks, D! You rock something fierce!! :bassist::thumbsup: